In this post, we’ll show you how to add an Iris Keypad to your SmartThings setup. This will allow you to control your SmartThings devices with the press of a button.
Checkout this video:
What is SmartThings?
SmartThings is a home automation platform that allows users to control and monitor their home environment using a variety of devices. One of the devices that can be used with SmartThings is an Iris Keypad. The Iris Keypad is a device that allows users to control their SmartThings environment using physical buttons. In this article, we will show you how to add an Iris Keypad to your SmartThings system.
What is an Iris Keypad?
An Iris Keypad is a device that allows you to control your Iris Smart Hub with physical buttons. You can use it to turn lights on and off, arm and disarm your security system, and perform other tasks. The Keypad is battery-powered and comes with a sticky back so you can mount it anywhere in your home.
How to add an Iris Keypad to SmartThings
If you have an Iris Keypad and want to connect it to your SmartThings system, here’s how:
1. To get started, open the SmartThings app and tap the menu icon ( three horizontal lines) in the top left corner.
2. Next, select the Devices tab. Then, tap the Add device button in the right corner of the screen.
3. Select Security & CCTV > Keypad from the list of available devices.
4. Choose Iris from the list of compatible hub manufacturers that appears and then tap Continue.
5. Pairing mode will begin automatically; simply follow the instructions on your keypad to complete pairing mode and finish adding your device in the SmartThings app.
The benefits of adding an Iris Keypad to SmartThings
Adding an Iris Keypad to SmartThings can offer a number of benefits, including the ability to arm and disarm your system, as well as create customized security codes for different family members or guests. You can also use the keypad to control other smart devices in your home, such as locks, lights, and thermostats.
How to use an Iris Keypad with SmartThings
Adding an Iris Keypad to SmartThings is a simple process that anyone can do. Here are the steps you need to take to get started:
1. Go to the SmartThings dashboard and click on the ‘My Devices’ tab.
2. Click on the ‘Add Device’ button.
3. Select the ‘Iris Keypad’ from the list of devices.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup process.
The features of an Iris Keypad
Iris Keypad is a device that allows users to control their smart home devices with the push of a button. The device includes a motion sensor, temperature sensor, contact sensor, and light sensor. The device can be used to control lights, door locks, thermostats, and other devices in the home. The Iris Keypad can be connected to the SmartThings app to allow users to control their devices from anywhere.
The pros and cons of an Iris Keypad
An Iris Keypad is a great way to add an extra layer of security to your home. But before you buy one, it’s important to understand the pros and cons.
-Adds an extra layer of security
-Can be used to control other devices in your home
-Iris Keypads are compatible with a variety of smart home systems
-Requires a subscription to the Iris Smart Hub in order to work
-May not work with all types of doors and windows
How to troubleshoot an Iris Keypad
Iris is a home automation system that allows you to control your devices and appliances remotely. The Iris keypad is a device that helps you control your Iris system. It has a variety of buttons that you can use to perform different tasks, such as adding or removing devices from your system, checking the status of your devices, or controlling them remotely.
If you’re having trouble with your Iris keypad, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue. First, make sure that the keypad is properly charged. If it’s not, try plugging it in to a power outlet for a few minutes to see if that helps. If the keypad still isn’t working, you may need to reset it. To do this, simply remove the battery cover and press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Once the keypad has been reset, you should be able to use it as normal.
The bottom line on Iris Keypads
As of early 2019, Iris by Lowe’s is no longer in business. Its products have been discontinued, and Iris hubs and other devices are no longer compatible with the SmartThings platform.
Other ways to control your SmartThings
As you know, the SmartThings app is the simplest way to control and automate your home. But did you know there are other ways to control your SmartThings?
One popular way is to use an Iris Keypad. The Iris Keypad is a physical device that lets you control your SmartThings from anywhere in your home.
To add an Iris Keypad to your SmartThings:
1. Open the SmartThings app on your mobile device.
2. Tap the menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Tap “Add device” at the bottom of the screen.
4. Select “Other”.
5. Enter the code number for your Iris Keypad into the box and tap “Add”.
6. Configure your Iris Keypad according to the instructions in the app.