If your microwave isn’t working, it could be because the fuse is blown. Here’s how you can tell if that’s the case, and what to do about it.
Checkout this video:
If your microwave suddenly stops working, it may be because the fuse has blown. This is a relatively easy problem to fix, and you can do it yourself with a few tools and supplies.
What is a microwave fuse?
A microwave fuse is a safety device that is used to protect the microwave from electrical surges. If the fuse is blown, it will need to be replaced.
Why do microwave fuses blow?
There are several reasons why a microwave fuse could blow. The most common reason is due to a power surge that occurs when the electricity to your home is interrupted and then restored. This power surge can damage the sensitive electrical components in your microwave, including the fuse. Other causes of blown fuses include using cooking appliances, such as pressure cookers, on top of the microwave or using metal utensils inside the cooking chamber. If you suspect that a power surge has caused your fuse to blow, unplug the microwave and have an electrician check it before you plug it in again.
How can you tell if a microwave fuse is blown?
One way to tell if a microwave fuse is blown is to look for physical signs of damage. If the fuse appears to be burned or damaged in any way, it is likely that it has blown. Another way to tell if a microwave fuse is blown is to check the continuity of the fuse. To do this, you will need a multimeter. Set the multimeter to the continuity setting and touch the probe tips to each end of the fuse. If the multimeter beeps, this means that the fuse is still intact and working. If there is no continuity, this means that the fuse has blown and will need to be replaced.
How to replace a blown microwave fuse
A microwave fuse is a very important part of the appliance. It is there to protect the microwave from any kind of power surges that could damage the internal components. If the fuse is blown, it will need to be replaced in order to get the microwave working again.
There are a few signs that you can look for to tell if the fuse is blown. The first is if the microwave suddenly stops working. Another sign is if there is a burning smell coming from the appliance. If you see any smoke or sparks coming from the microwave, this is also an indication that the fuse has blown and needs to be replaced.
If you suspect that the fuse has blown, the first thing you should do is unplug the appliance from the power source. Once it is unplugged, you will need to locate the fuse. It will be located either on the back of the microwave or inside of the door. Once you have found it, you will need to remove it and replace it with a new one.
Tips for preventing blown microwave fuses
The best way to avoid blowing a microwave fuse is to prevent power surges. Power surges can come from many sources, including lightning storms, downed power lines, and faulty wiring in your home. One of the best ways to protect your appliances from power surges is to invest in a surge protector. Surge protectors will absorb any excess voltage and prevent it from reaching your appliances. Another way to prevent power surges is to unplug your appliances during a storm.
If you have already blown a fuse, the first step is to check the condition of the fuse. If the fuse is blackened or damaged in any way, it will need to be replaced. Fuses can be found at most hardware stores. Once you have replaced the fuse, make sure to reset the circuit breaker before using the microwave again.
If your microwave isn’t working, one possible issue is a blown fuse. In this article, we’ll show you how to tell if a microwave fuse is blown and how to replace it.
A blown microwave fuse will usually cause the microwave to stop working entirely. You may also notice that the clock display is no longer working or that the oven light doesn’t turn on when you open the door.
To check if the fuse is blown, look for a breaker box or fuse box in your home and locate the circuit breaker or fuse that controls your microwave. Flip the switch to the off position and then back on again. If the fuse is blown, you’ll need to replace it with a new one of the same amperage (usually 15 or 20).